The National Institute of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality (INMETRO) is a Brazilian federal autarchy, linked to the Ministry of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade.
In Brazil, certification bodies must be accredited by INMETRO. Electrical and electronic products that meet Brazilian requirements and that are certified by an INMETRO accredited organization must carry the mandatory INMETRO mark along with the mark of the certification organization.
Hazardous Areas Allowable Characteristics
- Zone: 1, 2 (explosive gases), 21 and 22 (explosive dusts)
- Gas Groups: IIA, IIB, IIC
- Dust Groups: IIIA, IIIB, IIIC
- Ambient temperatures: -60°C ÷ +70°C
- IP: 65 ÷ 68
- Power: up to 5000 kW
- Voltage: up to 690 Vac/dc